NWSC Executive Committee
Here is a list of our current board officers and committees.
|Co-President||Betsy Gharagozlou||Contact Betsy|
|Co-President||Renee True||Contact Renee|
|2nd VP Programs||Amy Stojkovich||Contact Amy|
|1st VP Legislation||Jeanette Harris||Contact Jeanette|
|Secretary||Jenni Bennett||Contact Jenni|
|Treasurer||Rachel Jordan||Contact Rachel|
NWSC Committee Chairmen
|Advisor||Jeanette Harris||Contact Jeanette|
|Administrative Advisor||Laurie Heinz, Ed.D.||Contact Dr. Heinz|
|Health & Safety||OPEN|
|Hospitality Chairman||Colleen Meyers||Contact Colleen|
|Reflections||Stefanie Boucher||Contact Stefanie|
|SPARK||Orenza Jaske||Contact Orenza|
|Social Media||Betsy Gharagozlou||Contact Betsy|
|Spring Fling||Betsy Gharagozlou||Contact Betsy|
Editor: Betsy Gharagozlou
- Health & Safety: Health and Safety covers a host of activities, such as acting as the PTA liaison with the Community Closet, health events – from nutritional to physical, and matters relating to school and student safety.
- Hospitality: Hospitality assists with several NWSC events throughout the school year, such as General Membership Meetings, Reflections Showcase, and the Spring Fling, by organizing refreshments.
- Principal Representative: The PTA Principal Representative brings a unique perspective as to what is going on within the District, at the school-level.
- Publicity: Publicity helps promote NWSC PTA events.
- Reflections: Reflections is the National PTA arts program that allows students to showcase their creativity in six different arts categories: Literature, Musical Composition, Dance Choreography, Photography, Visual Arts, and Film/Video Production. The 2019-2020 theme has been announced … “Look Within“, and all projects should center around that theme.
- SPARK (Special Education Parents Accessing Resources and Knowledge):
SPARK meetings are designed to give parents information to help them in their current and future steps of the journey of parenting children with unique needs. At SPARK we realize the importance of providing:
- Relevant programs and resources related to special education
- Opportunities to network, receive support and help
- Connections for parents with outside sources
The above are primarily accomplished at the district level through evening programs with outside speakers. We have SPARK representatives at each school who are a local contact and resource to the individual schools.We also have an online support group. For more information click on the SPARK link at the District 15 website, www.ccsd15.net.
- Website: To maintain the NWSC Website including updating and sharing information.