Do you help coordinate a PTA program, event, or fundraiser? Do you work on a PTA newsletter, electronic messages, or other social media for your local PTA? Do you have ideas from a successful program that you would like to share? Would you like to learn how other District 15 PTAs’ host similar programs or how you could bring a new idea to your PTA? Would you like to get more involved in any of these programs and want to know more?
Well…the Northwest Suburban Council PTA (from District 15) is offering you and other parent volunteers from you PTA a great opportunity. On Monday, March 9th we will be hosting discussion groups at Marion Jordan Elementary School from 7-8;30 pm (or less depending on your group). Please grab another parent or volunteer to meet other parents that work on similar PTA programs, events or modes of communication with our District 15 PTAs. Each of our school district PTAs’ do so many terrific things- having great knowledge and experiences. Just think how strong all our PTAs’ could be if we were able to share information and learn from one another?
Participants can participate in any way that makes you comfortable
- Are you a current or past chairmen and want to share information or get new ideas ?
- Are you a person looking to get more information and possibly get more involved in your PTA?
- Are you looking for new ideas for a program? A fresh idea? A new way to doing something?
- Are you looking to ask questions and suggestions from other people in similar programs?
- Are you wondering what vendors or resources other PTAs’ use for various fundraisers, events, etc.
- Do you want to share information about a program that your local unit PTA is doing- what it is? Who is your target audience or beneficiary? How do you coordinate it? Are District 15 staff involved? Do you utilize any particular vendors or community resources? or whatever you want to share…
We hope you will make a point to join us OR send another representative from your PTA to learn more. This is our first event of this kind and we hope this will help our individual PTAs/PTSAs grow even stronger and bring our District 15 PTA community together to network. We all share the same purpose to provide programming, educational resources that enhance the educational experiences of the students, parents, staff and bring our school community together and we can learn so much from each other!
Please cut and paste the following URL to reach our event information and sign up to join us- walk ins are also welcome!: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4aafaf2ba75-ptaround
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to support all our District 15 local units.
We hope to see you and other members of your local PTA unit at our information sharing event on March 9th.
We look forward to hearing from you.
NWSC PTA President
NWSC VP Programs
DATE: 3/9/2015 (Mon 7:00PM – 8:30PM)
LOCATION: Marion Jordan Elementary School